Try this delicious recipe for breakfast and get your daily dose of fiber, calcium and vitamin D with an antioxidant power punch! If you are not allergic to nuts, the plums are delicious when sprinkled with shaved almonds. Enjoy!
Baked Plums with yogurt (serves 3):
• 6 ripe purple plums
• 2 tsp honey or agave
• Plain nonfat or lowfat Greek yogurt, to serve
• Pit and halve the plums. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
• Place the plums, cut side up, in a small baking dish so that they fit snugly.
• Spoon the honey over the plums.
• Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the plums are soft.
• Serve cold with yogurt spooned over the top (1/2 cup per person). Sprinkle with sliced almonds or other nut of choice if desired for an added protein punch! Enjoy...